Homesteading Grant Program
The City of Wilmington, as part of the partnership efforts involved in Wilmington Succeeds and to support homeownership in the City, has created the following grant incentive for recent college graduates to purchase a home in the City of Wilmington.
Eligible applicants & application requirements shall include:
- Recent college graduates (having received a bachelor, master, law, or doctorate degree from an accredited institution within the past 3 calendar years)
- Purchase of a single-family home within the City of Wilmington after January 1, 2014
- Signed application herein and declaration that the home will be used as their primary residence for not less than 3 years from the date of the funds received.
- Short, one (1) page narrative noting a proposed use of the grant funds to improve the home or property
- Awards will be made quarterly, depending on funds available to the Wilmington Succeeds program.
- Each grant shall not exceed $2,500 per home and applicant
- Each applicant can only qualify and received funds once from this program
- The applications are reviewed quarterly and due to the Mayor’s Office by the close of the first business day of a new quarter (January, April, July, and October)
- Applications may be submitted in person or by mail to:
Wilmington Succeeds Homesteading Program
City of Wilmington
69 N. South Street
Wilmington, OH 45177
or by email to email@example.com
- The Mayor’s Office will review and rank the applications based on the merits of the proposed work and approve the payments from the fund