Effective Monday, March 23rd, 2020
Due to the COVID-19 Crisis, our department has made the following changes and updates in your service:
• On call and dispatched as needed for urgent situations.
• Public may call Mayor’s office or Service Director’s office to utilize M&R dispatch.
Maintenance & Repair
494 South Nelson Avenue
The City of Wilmington Maintenance and Repair Department is made up of eleven full-time employees. The facility staff includes the superintendent and a mechanic.
The Maintenance and Repair Department performs many duties. Some of these duties are:
- Street Repair
- Reconstruction of streets and alleys
- Asphalt paving
- Snow plowing and salting of city streets
- Mowing of city right-of-ways and city-owned properties
- Painting of traffic control lines on city streets
- Trimming and removal of trees in city right-of-ways
- Installing and maintaining traffic signs
- Road closures and detours
In late Fall, the City Street Department provides leaf pickup services. Please rake your leaves to the edge of the curb (between the curb and the sidewalk) and they will be picked up. Please DO NOT rake your leaves into the street. Schedules are published in the Wilmington News Journal or you may call 382-6339 for additional information.