**Begins in October**
The City of Wilmington will update the tentative schedule as the season approaches. City workers will begin picking up leaves in the Southwest Quadrant of the City and will proceed clockwise through City neighborhoods. The tentative route for pickup is:
SOUTHWEST QUADRANT (South of W. Main St./West of S. South St.)
Southridge, Timber Glen, Truesdell
NORTHWEST QUADRANT (North of W. Main St./West of N. South St.)
Lakewood, McDermott Village, Wilmington High School
NORTHEAST QUADRANT (North of E. Main St./East of N. South St.)
N. Lincoln, N. Walnut, Denver Edition, Rombach Ave.
SOUTHEAST QUADRANT (South of E. Main St./East of S. South St.)
Wilmington College, Southeast Neighborhood
GUIDELINES FOR LEAF PICKUP:
- Rake leaves to the edge of curb (between curb and sidewalk)
- DO NOT RAKE LEAVES INTO THE STREET
- NO BRANCHES, ROCKS, TRASH OR OTHER DEBRIS IN LEAF PILES
- Have leaves in place the Sunday before your scheduled pickup.
- Please have all portable basketball rims removed from street edge and curb line to expedite the collection process.
Leaves raked into the street contaminate stormwater runoff and also block catch basins, which causes flooding. Branches and other debris mixed in with the leaves damage the leaf collection equipment and will also create delays in the leaf pickup process.
The City is making three rounds through each quadrant and will attempt to stay on the schedule listed above. As is common in Ohio, weather does not always cooperate, so changes in pickup time may occur.
For more information, please contact the Streets Department at (937) 382-6339.