Sugar Grove Cemetery
297 W. Truesdell Street
Rules and Regulations
- The cemetery is open every day of the year from sunrise to sunset.
- All visitor’s vehicles shall remain on the driveways.
- Place all debris, discarded flowers or decorations in trash containers.
- No person shall discharge any firearm without the written permission of the Director of Public Service.
- Speed Limit in Cemetery – 10 miles per hour.
- No advertising allowed in cemetery.
Flower and Decorations
- All decorations must be permanently attached to headstones (clear silicone suggested as adhesive).
- No shepherd hooks.
- No glass.
- No ceramics.
- No fences around headstones.
- Planting of flowers, flower pots, evergreens or bushy plants is strictly prohibited.
- All saddles must have identification.
- During the growing season, flowers must be placed on graves only in approved containers.
- You may place flowers year-round in permanent vases.
- The City retains the right to removal all floral designs, flowers and other decorations if they do not conform to standards.
- Decorations placed upon lots and graves on special holidays during the growing season shall be removed after seven (7) days.
- Winter decorations permitted from November 1 through April 1. They will be removed by April 1 or when they become unsightly.
- Articles made of concrete, benches, urns, boxes or the like are not permitted without approval of the Director of Public Service.
Service & Safety Coordinator
Director of Public Service Office
Brian A. Shidaker, Service Director
- Cemetery Maps